The University network provides free connections across the campus. You can access the campus network and internet by wired or wireless means. It is recommended that you do not use Thunder or other P2P software.
Wi-Fi is available in all major buildings on campus. Students can have access to Wi-Fi via their CUHK(SZ) account.
How to connect Wi-Fi?
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your device and connect to CUHK(SZ).
- An authentication web page will appear when the Wi-Fi connection is detected. If not, open a web page in browser and wait for the authentication page.
- Enter your CUHK(SZ) account and password.
Wired Internet access is also available in the college dormitories. Students can access the campus network through a wired or wireless network in the dormitory.
Besides, the University offers free Wi-Fi service to all visitors on campus. To enjoy the service, visitors only need to select the University Wi-Fi, i.e., CUHK(SZ)-GUEST, enter their cellphone numbers, and receive the text messages with verification codes.
eduroam (education roaming) is the free, secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Started in Europe, eduroam is now available in over 90 territories worldwide. eduroam allows University students, researchers and staff to obtain Internet connectivity on campus of all participating institutions. Please refer to https://www.eduroam.org to find eduroam's global deployment details. Students can access eduroam for free internet services when visiting other participating institutions. For more details, refer to the following login guidelines and precautions.
The method of accessing eduroam is as follows:
- Open Wi-Fi setting, select eduroam.
- Enter your student ID number followed by @cuhk.edu.cn in the Username field (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example) and your CUHK(SZ) account password.
- Teachers and students can only use eduroam in other organizations except CUHK-Shenzhen.
- The username to connect to eduroam is student ID number followed by @cuhk.edu.cn, not @link.cuhk.edu.cn.
The VPN of CUHK-Shenzhen is established by Cisco AnyConnect. Staff and Students are able to access library e-resources or campus-only system using VPN as if they are off-campus.
To download the client of VPN, please click on the appropriate link below.
For more documents, please refer to the user guides below.