The University network provides free connections across the campus. You can access the campus network and internet by wired or wireless means. It is recommended that you do not use Thunder and other P2P software.
Wi-Fi is available in all major buildings on campus. Students can have access to Wi-Fi via their CUHK(SZ) account.
How to connect Wi-Fi?
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your device and connect to CUHK(SZ).
- An authentication web page will appear when the Wi-Fi connection is detected. If not, open a web page in browser and wait for the authentication page.
- Enter your CUHK(SZ) account and password.
The University offers free Wi-Fi service to all visitors on campus. To enjoy the service, visitors only need to select the University Wi-Fi, i.e., CUHK(SZ)-GUEST, enter their cellphone numbers, and receive the text messages with verification codes.
Wired Internet access is also available in the college dormitories. Students can access the campus network through a wired or wireless network in the dormitory.
eduroam (education roaming) is the free, secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Having started in Europe, eduroam has rapidly expanded throughout the research and education community and is now available in nearly 90 territories worldwide and emerging pilot locations. CUHK-Shenzhen joined eduroam on October 15, 2015. Please refer to its official website to find eduroam's global deployment details. Students can access eduroam for free internet services when visiting other participating institutions. For more details, refer to the following login guidelines and precautions.
The method of connecting eduroam is as follows:
- Open Wi-Fi setting, select eduroam.
- Enter your student ID number followed by @cuhk.edu.cn in the Username field (email@example.com, for example) and your CUHK(SZ) account password.
- Teachers and students can only use eduroam in other organizations except CUHK-Shenzhen.
- The username to connect to eduroam is student ID number followed by @cuhk.edu.cn, not @link.cuhk.edu.cn.
ITSO Service Desk is where staff and students can contact ITSO for IT support and services through
- an online Service Desk System at http://itsm.cuhk.edu.cn
- hotline: 0755-84273333 (office hours)
- In-person contact: (office hours)
- Room 325, 1/3, Dao Yuan Building
- E314, 3/F, Administration Building
The online Service Desk system can be accessed through
- Service Desk Link: http://itsm.cuhk.edu.cn (Campus only)
Staff and students can log into the system by using
Login ID: CUHK(SZ) Account
Password: the same password
Use of Service: Quick Guide to Use ITSO Service Desk